Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EWS and Orion (pro) -> Complete Crash!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bkloppt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi!
    Do anyone use SonicSyndicates Orion??
    It's a real good (and CHEAP 8-) Software Synth/Studio...
    BUT my EWS crashes the hole system, after pressing the play-button...

    Father more I got big timing problems in other progs ... do somebody has a standart-super-configuration-tip for me????

    Thax a lot,
    regards,
    alex

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hi!

    I also use OrionPro with EWS, but with no prob.

    Try this;
    NO ASIO!!! (Most important, asio crashes OP)
    Reduce "number of waveplaydevices" to 2
    Set latency to 5-10ms

    In OP, use Directsound CS4324(or whatever) as playing device.

    That's it.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need help with Orion too.

    Everything works fine on my slow computer, but all I can use are the VST instruments, is there a way to use the EWS as a VST instrument in orion?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Eh??

    Now I gotta ask what you mean by "using EWS as VST instrument". Do you want to use EWS Synth with Orion???

    AFAIK there is no MIDI-OUT messages going realtime, but you can turn Orion songs to midi-file and play them via cubase or similar...
    I (and many other fellas) have asked Richard to do realtime MIDI-OUT to Orion, but currently it isn't working.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I know I could export everything to cubase but I like the interface of Orion better, nd it goes fster on my slow computer. So I ws just wondering if it was possible to use my EWS in orion like ll the vst instruments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •